Enterprise application integration
BWC enterprise application integration (EAI) practice enables you to seamlessly operate business processes by integrating the underlying applications, facilitating real-time information sharing.
BWC has developed custom applications and delivered comprehensive services on their support, integration and upgrade. Relying on experience in multiple industries (from manufacturing and retail to banking and healthcare), our team can assist you in defining clear integration goals, make up a robust integration strategy and ensure its orderly implementation.
The power of connected applications resides in:
- Enterprise-wide data integrity
- User convenience
- Consistent and reliable workflows
- Introduction of machine learning, data analytics and IoT benefits into core business processes, and more.
What We Integrate
We provide professional integration solutions for applications and systems of:
- Various purposesERP (enterprise resource planning), SCM (supply chain management) tools, vendor portals, CRM, ecommerce solutions, document management software, workflow automation apps, intranets, industry specific software (such as electronic health record (EHR), manufacturing execution systems) and more.
- Various origin and statusIncluding legacy applications, in-house software, open source software, COTS (commercial of-the-shelf) software, SaaS solutions and third-party services (payment, shipping, social networks).
- Various complexityFrom traditional transaction systems to modern solutions based on IoT, machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) and big data technologies.
- Various locationPlaced in the cloud and on the premises.
Methodologies and Architectures We Use
The integration approaches we offer include but are not limited to:
- SOA-based (service-oriented architecture) integration – transforming your system into a set of loosely coupled, easily scalable and reusable components, such as web services or microservices, that communicate:
- On a point-to-point basis that implies direct connection via API calls.
- Through middleware components (an enterprise service bus, message broker) that introduce an additional abstraction layer to take the full responsibility for message/request transmitting, transformation, routing.
- Shared database – allowing multiple applications access data from a single data store.
Integration Services We Offer
Proven experience in integrating systems and applications of various complexity, scale and technology stacks enables us to offer the following integration services to businesses:
* Integration consulting
We can navigate you through the world of multiple integration models, patterns and technologies. Our team implements the detailed assessment of your existing IT infrastructure, its needs and constraints. Relying on the results of this investigation, we design a unique integration solution with the architecture, technology stack and security infrastructure that will best answer the present and the planned future of your IT environment as well as your expected timeline and dedicated budget.
* Integration implementation
We base integration on your requirements or meticulously gather them cooperating with your employees and vendors and investigating your components to smoothly integrate your independent software into the coherently working environment. We can apply to Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration model and other DevOps practices, such as test automation and shared code repository, to allow for tracking of actual integration results and prevent “the release day nightmare”.
* Integration combined with application modernization
We complement integration with migration, re-architecting or re-engineering of your legacy applications to simplify their communication with other components of the integration environment and ensure easier integration scaling up and upgrades.
* Integration testing
We perform thorough integration testing at both system and component levels to ensure compatibility and cooperation of the integrated applications.
* Integration operations (based on the DevOps model)
We can assist you in running integrated environment to prevent any disruption of business processes, keep the users more satisfied and reduce upgrade time. Our team takes responsibility for professional configuration and change management, maintenance of sufficient (established) response time and quick troubleshooting of performance faults.
* Integration support and evolution
With an eye to ensuring smooth and sustainable work of the integrated environment, our experts can monitor and track its important indicators, including performance, load, and message queues.
We also help you to seamlessly introduce new components to the integrated solution when your business develops and increases its complexity and manage integration updates and modifications.
Challenges We Solve
- Applications supporting no API – APIs are a critical element of modern inter-system communication. We have a set of established practices to integrate applications without API support, such as the introduction of a file transfer, a shared database or application modernization. Our team will consider the most appropriate solution in the context of your IT environment and business needs.
- Prolonged response time – Response time may become long due to integration. We don’t want your business processes to be damaged or disrupted and always aspire to provide an appropriate response rate. We employ proper capacity planning (load and performance testing, network latency problems), thorough middleware planning and specification, the introduction of a priority queue, the proper use of timeouts and sync calls, logging and caching, and the design of scaling architecture.
- Data quality issues – Integration can worsen already existing problems with data quality as well as introduce new ones due to the elimination of human control over data transfer. We take an enterprise-wide view to assess the potential pain points of data quality and implement such ways to eliminate them as the introduction of data governance rules, error message management, message completeness verification, roll-back of distributed transactions.
- Security vulnerabilities – The security risks in an integrated environment are much higher as the number of access points to the data increases. We always take seriously protection of your data and try to introduce the highest standard of security. We use sophisticated access control rules, introduce industry-proven protocols for authentication and authorization, “safer” outbound connections, and more.
Technologies We Work With
|Back end: .NET, Java, PHP, Python, Node.js.|
|Mobile: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Apache Cordova, Xamarin.|
|Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Azure, PostgreSQL.|
|Big data: MongoDB, Apache Hadoop, Apache Cassandra, Azure Cosmos DB, Amazon RedShift, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark.|
|Strategic partnerships: Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, ServiceNow.|
|DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.|